Sunday, July 17, 2011

Alexia Tarabotti is going Manga


It has recently been released that the first book of the Parasol Protectorate Series written by Gail Carriger is going to be making its debut as a Manga.  Soulless manga will be the next big hype surrounding Miss Alexia Tarabotti, the main character of Gail's big seller series.  This is most exciting for Gail and her fans! I sure know I am excited about it.  When I asked about her feelings on the upcoming manga, Ms. Carriger replied "I'm so excited about the manga, not every author is so lucky as to get to see their characters come to life in such a vibrant way."  The first chapter of it has been released on the Parasol Protectorate Facebook page which I have already read and loved every moment of it.  I didn't feel like I was reading Soulless word for word but instead I was able to see my visual thoughts in beautiful art work which really brought it to life.   Soulless manga is to be on shelves in 2012.

If you would like a taste of Soulless the way it was originally written not the manga here is a podcast by Artistic Whispers of the first chapter.  This is not your ordinary podcast or audiobook but more like an old radio show.  I absolutely enjoyed listening to it and it was very well done! 

Soulless By Gail Carriger ch 1, Production by Artistic Whispers


No comments: