Monday, July 11, 2011

Changeless: Book 2 From The Parasol Protectorate Series


It only took two weeks for my book discussion group to finish the second book in the Parasol Protectorate series and the sequal to Soulless by Gail Carriger.  This review on Changeless will start by sharing my little conversation with the author herself on twitter:

@AngYbarra
     "Time to start Changeless by @gailcarriger so looking forward to what this story is about and what Alexia Tarabotti will do next"
@gailcarriger
     "@AngYbarra Hope you enjoy it."
@AngYbarra
     "@gailcarriger finished the first chapter and you already had me lol with the Gamma and Alexia and of course with Ivy. I <3 her and her hats"
    @gailcarriger
         "@AngYbarra I must say Ivy is one of the most fun characters to write."

Gail is probably one of the most genuinely nicest people I have met via twitter! She is always sweet in any of her @Mentions to me and willing to answer any of mine even if I do not except a reply!  I do also enjoy her tweets on steampunk, tea, and retro fashion.  I highly recommend to follow her! I also love the fact that she willingly followed me just because of the fact that I was tweeting about her books and @Mentioned her in them.

Now back to the book.  It topped the first for sure! It was clever and witty along with suspenseful and adventurous. The plot starts only a few months where the first book Soulless leaves off.  It gives a new enemy but in a way no one could ever expect after reading the first which keeps you guessing as the book unfolds it's story. I don't want to tell any details so not to ruin anything for those who have still not read the first book but this is another 5 star reader in my opinion.  I would have read it in one night if I didn't have to pace myself for my discussion meetings once a week. I will say though that Changeless has a dirigible flight adventure to Scotland, an unwrapping of a mummy, and a scandalous elope! If you are wondering what the heck is a dirigible there is a picture below.  The next I will be reading book #3 called Blameless.  So expect my blog on it in two weeks.

A Dirigible: it is a type of Zeppelin

1 comment:

Cyndi M. said...

Gail does seem really nice! She's tweeted me a couple of times too!

I agree, Changeless was better than Soulless. Ivy is a hot mess with her hats. I love how funnily Alexia describes her :)