Monday, July 11, 2011

Soulless The Parasol Protectorate Series

Book

So I have began the Parasol Protectorate book series.  I recently have finished Soulless which is the first book in the series and began Changeless this week.   For those who have not heard or read Soulless let me give you a run down about the story plot.

It is about a 26 year old spinster named Alexia Tarabotti who lives in London during the time of Queen Victoria.  In this Victorian time Vampires and Werewolves were well know and established in the high society and were treated like any other daylight folk.  Now Miss Tarabotti is neither werewolf or vampire but she is in fact without a soul, a supernatural being called a preternatural.  This state of being soulless gives Alexia a few power tricks of her own. This book was absolutely wonderful the whole way through it.  The author Gail Carriger, has kept the victorian age beautifully in her book but also has add the steampunk technology and even some fashion.  It was one book that I could not even bring myself to put down! Oh and of course being filled with adventure and some horror but Gail also added the perfect amount of romanticism.  Of course the spinster does become involved in an unusual love life.  I also have never laughed so hard while reading a book.  Gail is truly talented and I highly recommend her for any good reading! So here is my mini book review for any of you readers out there.  If you like to keep up with me reading the second book Changeless I will post another review when Im done and will occasionally post about it while Im reading it on my twitter feel free to follow me @AngYbarra

No comments: