Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Blameless Book 3 of the Parasol Protectorate


     I've been neglecting my reviews on my recent book club reads due to my husband leaving for Army basic training.  Been spending every last minute with him instead of my reading and blogging.  Now he is gone and I can get back to business, especially since I have all the time in the world now or so it seems.  
   Blameless was exceptionally different from the first two books.  I surprisingly was relating to Alexia more in this one the in Soulless or Changeless.  The maternal and marital experiences she goes through was the reasoning for my own emotional attachment to her.  Gail Carriger really did an amazing job at making this story so different and unique, giving Lady Maccon a new adventure that never seemed over the top or down right ridiculous to read.  Still keeping with her comical graces and outrageous hats that never get old, this book is by far my favorite out of the bunch.  Of course I am still in need to read the remaining of the series.  Now due to me not wanting to give ANY of the story away to those who have not read any of these books I will not be writing any details down about Blameless, don't worry folks I do not believe in "Spoilers", said in River Song's accent.  If you don't know who River Song is well then  it is time to watch some Doctor Who!
     Over all it is an obvious 5 star rating once again.  I am not always so nice with my book ratings but I just have never done a review on a book I haven't liked yet.  Give it time I am sure to read one sooner or later.  Course normally when I do read a book that is lower then a 5 rating I never finish it unless its part of my book club picks. 

1 comment:

Cyndi M. said...

Trust me, you'll find that lower than 5 star rating book!