Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hurry Mr Postman!

   It has been two weeks since my husband has left for Army basic training.  I last heard from him exactly one week ago.  He told me that he was to be sending me a letter along with some documents which I will be needing when I go get my Military ID.  Throughout this week I have checked the mail every day as soon as it was dropped into the box.  Call me the eager beaver when I see that USPS Jeep pull up in front of my house.  I get more excited now then I did when I ordered something online for my son.  But every time I open the box nothing but bills and junk mail in it.  My heart just sinks! I do know that where he is located at the base's mail system is sorted by hand and not machines.  This means it takes twice as long just to leave the base and enter the USPS mailing system.  Luckily I have his address thanks to his Battalion's FaceBook page so I have already begun mailing him a letter once a day.  Letters are already lined up and waiting to be sent since he left only it takes them just as long to get to him as his take to get to me.  On the plus side, I only have 1 month and 4 weeks left of this then its off to see him graduate!
      I have started a 30 day challenge journal that was posted on the FaceBook page.  This will be such a surprise for him to read when he leaves again for his schooling after basic.  Every day its something new to write about my memories of him.  I have never done something like this before so it has been most exciting!

No comments: