Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Alice in Deadland



This is a new take on a zombie apocalypse that I really enjoyed.  The storyline was fresh and did not feel over used as some zombie books can go.

Alice was not like the teenagers that we would know today. Born after the Rising and living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, her life only focused on one thing only. To kill any Biters that came near her small village.  But her life quickly changed along with everything she thought she knew when she came across a Biter with rabbit ears on his head and followed him down the "rabbit hole".

This story is a odd twist of Alice in Wonderland meets Resident Evil as this young girl fights against the true enemy of the Rising and of what is now known as the Deadland. I also get a slight Hunger Games vibe with having a young female heroin who stands up for her people. Overall I really enjoyed the book. It was a very easy read and had some good page turning parts! I gave it a 4 out of 5 only because I did feel that there were somethings I would have liked to be further explained and have gone into a better detail.

Alice in Deadland is a keeper and I recommend it to those who always like a little zombies in their life!

No comments: